Whether you have just moved into your Hannah Custom Homes & Remodeling dream space, or have finished a major remodeling job, don’t forget one important element to making your house everything you’ve ever dreamed of: the perfect landscaping.
Designing an outdoor space that you will love (plus maintaining it), requires hiring a landscape professional that can give you everything you want – and more. But, before you sign that contract, ask yourself a few important questions:
- What kind of help do I need? Are you looking to plan and design a whole new space, or simply upgrade what you have? If you want to create an outdoor living space complete with a new patio, water feature and gardens, you will need to look for someone with design experience. Here’s another thing to consider: how much work you want to do. If you love digging into some fresh dirt, then maybe you only need a maintenance crew to come out once in a while to spruce up your landscaping. But, if yard work isn’t to your liking, hiring a full service to handle all of the work may be best.
- Is the company I have chosen licensed? When hiring a landscape professional, be sure they have the right kinds (and amount) of insurance. This includes any insurance required by the borough or township. Remember, accidents do happen, so you want to make sure that anyone working on your property is covered for both personal and property liability. Otherwise, you could be stuck paying those bills if someone gets hurt or any property is damaged.
- Is the crew I hired trained? Basic lawn care may not require more than generalized lawncare training, but if your landscaper is going to be handling large scale equipment, climbing trees, or working with electrical and plumbing, be sure that have been trained in all of those areas. Plus, if you are hiring a crew to design your property’s landscaping, you will want a landscape architect/designer; not just a general lawn care specialist.
- How is payment handled? Some lawn care specialist charge per session; per month; or per season. Be sure that you understand how payment will be handled; especially when hiring someone for the entire summer season.
- Is there a warranty? What if your lawn care specialist plants all types of flowers and bushes in April, only to have them die off by the beginning of June? Or maybe your lawn turns yellow despite your landscapers’ best efforts. Can you get your money back? Ask about warranties or guarantees when hiring any professional.
Creating and calming and relaxing oasis to escape to can make your outdoor living space the hideaway of your dreams. The key to creating the kind of yard that you won’t want to leave is finding the right professional team to design build and maintain it. To find out more about building your new outdoor space, contact the professionals at Hannah Custom Homes and Remodeling today.